December sets the stage for the traditional annual “Pasko sa Nayon” celebration of the Filipino American Association of Bucks County. Click here to view their 2014 Book. The event, scheduled December 5 at the Radisson Hotel, Trevose, PA is meant not only to herald the arrival of the Christmas season but also to celebrate with friends, supporters and benefactors their achievements for the year. As the year end draws near, outgoing President Nida Imperial beams with pride on the record she leaves behind as she encourage her successor to follow in her footsteps.
FAABCI is very grateful of your continued support, they were able to increase the number of sponsored children from 4 to 8. From our Funds we have able to:
- Donated $1200 to the Family of our Sponsored Children toward the repair of their house
- Donated money for the Typhoon Haiyan victims and to the Familly of our members who were affected by the most devastated typhoon in the Philippines.
- Donated (1) one House to the Gawad Kalinga project of the FECGP
- Pledge $500 for the repair of The Pearl Buck House in Perkasie, PA.
- Able to Buy our own Sound System.
- Sponsor our young generation to have a FAABCI Basket Ball Team for the FACAA.
- Support the FECGP and other associations on their Fund Raising Event and much more.
Pres. Nida Imperial reports: FAABCI have been sponsoring children in the Philippines through Pearl S. Buck International for several years now and FAABCI Board Member Norma Yabut and husband Rick regularly visit these kids every year. Last February 16 & 17 Jay and myself, together with the Yabuts, Director of Pearl S. Buck International Manila and Staff visited 13 children; 8 of them sponsored by FAABCI.
Since this was my first time to visit the kids I was so excited and emotional. I cannot stop the tears of joy and happiness and was able to interviewed them: how they are in school and how they feel that they have a sponsor.
They told us that they are lucky and life has changed and they are inspired to study harder to have a better future. They were equally thankful with our little “pasalubongs” and the Christmas money that we always give for the holidays.
We could not forget the warm welcome of their families who proudly showed us their Posters outside their doors saying Welcome FAABCI members. Our 2 days visit in Subic Bay, Zambales, Pampanga and Bulacan was a very unforgettable and wonderfully special.
One of the Kid presented us his gift: an artwork from school saying “Thank You FAABCI for sponsoring me. Hope and wish that we could join the Yabuts every year and them again. Please if you could try to sponsor some more of these unfortunate children in the Philippines.” Read more.